Having a comprehensive overview of your company is essential for making informed decisions and staying on the same page. That's why ClickUp's Company Overview Template helps you create an up-to-date, useful snapshot of your organization.
This template includes all the information you need to:
- Quickly reference key metrics at any time
- Easily access details about your team, products, and customers
- Streamline communication between stakeholders and involved parties
Whether preparing for a meeting or planning ahead for the future, this template keeps everyone in the know—all in one place!
Benefits of a Company Overview Template
A company overview template is a great tool for quickly communicating key information about your business. It can help:
- Build a positive first impression with potential partners, investors, and customers
- Provide a consistent, unified message about your company
- Highlight the key differentiators that make your business unique
- Foster relationships with stakeholders by helping them understand your company’s goals and values
Main Elements of a Company Overview Template
ClickUp's Company Overview Template is designed to help you track the progress of your company's projects. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Completed, Not Started, and Ongoing to keep track of the progress of each project
- Custom Fields: Use 10 different custom attributes such as Stakeholders, Reference, Impact Level, Project Cost, Complexity, to save vital information about the projects and easily visualize project data
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Project List, the Getting Started Guide, the Project Timeline, the Progress Board, and the Department Board so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve project tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Company Overview Template
Creating a company overview doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following the steps outlined below, you can quickly and easily create a comprehensive overview of your company that will be beneficial to both internal and external stakeholders.
1. Gather the necessary information
The first step to creating a company overview is to collect all of the necessary information about your business. This includes your mission statement, company history, team members, products or services, and financials.
Create a shared Doc in ClickUp where team members can easily contribute and collaborate on the information gathered.
2. Create the document
Next, you’ll want to create the actual document. This can be done using a word processing program or other suitable software. Start by adding your company logo and then add the necessary sections, such as your mission statement, company history, team members, products or services, and financials.
Create a Doc in ClickUp to design the document and format it with your company logo.
3. Enter data
Add the information you’ve collected into the document. Be sure to include all relevant details and make sure the data is accurate.
4. Review and update
Once your company overview is complete, review the document regularly to ensure that all information is up-to-date and accurate. When changes occur, make sure to update the document accordingly.
Use the recurring tasks feature in ClickUp to make sure you remember to review and update the document on a regular basis.
5. Share with stakeholders
Finally, share the company overview with your stakeholders. This could include customers, vendors, partners, and more.
Send the company overview via Email directly from ClickUp or create a link to the document in ClickUp and share it with stakeholders.
Get Started with ClickUp's Company Overview Template
Business owners can use this Company Overview Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to understanding the company's background, mission, and goals.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a comprehensive company overview:
- Use the Project List View to organize and store all of your projects
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide step-by-step instructions on how to get started with your projects
- The Project Timeline View will help you plan out tasks and milestones for each project
- The Progress Board View will give you a visual representation of the progress you’ve made on each project
- The Department Board View will help you keep track of which departments are responsible for which projects
- Organize projects into three different statuses: Completed, Not Started, Ongoing, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as projects progress to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze projects to ensure maximum productivity