Do you want to manage a successful blog but don't know where to start? ClickUp's Blog Planner Template makes it easier than ever to get your blog off the ground and running.
With this template, you can:
- Organize and plan all your posts in one place
- Schedule and track post progress from concept to delivery
- Collaborate with team members on blog content production
This template includes everything you need to take any blog idea to life. From developing topics to tracking post production, this template is an essential resource for any aspiring blogger.
Benefits of a Blog Planner Template
Having a blog planner template can help you stay organized and on top of your content creation. Some of the key benefits include:
- Organizing blog posts into categories, topics, and formats
- Helping you plan out blog post ideas in advance
- Enabling you to create a unique content strategy tailored to your audience
- Providing an easy way to measure and track the success of your blog
Main Elements of a Blog Planner Template
ClickUp's Blog Planner Template is designed to help you plan, track, and manage the process of creating blog content. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark task status such as Cancelled, Complete, In Progress, In Revision and On Hold to keep track of the different stages of blog content creation
- Custom Fields: Use 6 different custom attributes such as Topic, Publication Date, Media File, Blog Types, Blog Writing Process, and more to save vital information about blog content and easily visualize blog data
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the List by Blog Type, Blog Writing Process, Revision Tracker, Getting Started Guide, and Calendar so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve blog planning with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Blog Planner Template
Creating a blog plan is a great way to ensure that your blog content is consistent and up-to-date. Here are a few simple steps to help you get started:
1. Brainstorm blog topics
Start by brainstorming potential blog topics. You might want to focus on topics that are relevant to your business or industry, or you can take a more creative approach and focus on topics that are interesting to you or your target audience.
Use a Whiteboard in ClickUp to brainstorm blog topics and collect ideas.
2. Create a content calendar
Once you have a list of potential topics, you can begin creating a content calendar. This can be as simple or as detailed as you’d like, but generally consists of a list of topics, dates for when the posts will be published, and any notes or reminders about the posts.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to create a content calendar for your blog.
3. Outline blog posts
Once you have the content calendar in place, you can start outlining your blog posts. Start by writing down a basic outline of each post, including the title, introduction, body, and conclusion.
Use Docs in ClickUp to create outlines for your blog posts and collaborate with other team members.
4. Set deadlines and track progress
For each post, set a deadline for when it should be completed. This will help keep you on track and ensure that your posts are published on time.
Set tasks in ClickUp with due dates to keep track of progress and ensure deadlines are met.
Get Started with ClickUp's Blog Planner Template
Bloggers can use this Blog Planner Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to planning and organizing content for blog posts.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create a successful blog plan:
- Use the List by Blog Type View to categorize your blogs into different topics
- The Blog Writing Process View will help you keep track of each step in the writing process
- The Revision Tracker View will help you monitor and review any changes made to the blog
- The Getting Started Guide View will give you a space to store tips and tricks for getting started
- The Calendar View will help you plan out when to publish each blog
- Organize tasks into six different statuses: Cancelled, Complete, In Progress, In Revision, On Hold, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity